Sunday 21 February 2016

Another 'Grand Day Out'


On Friday I was lucky enough to be able to meet one of my 'Northern' pals up in Birmingham.  Although it was not a very bright idea to travel by train during Half Term week! It was standing room only all the way to Birmingham, but we did have a good old catch up though.  The photograph above is the reflection in one of the hotels located near to the Birmingham Library.  I think it is the Hilton.  Loved the distortion of the image of the crane and the contrasting black and white areas.


Fiddled in Photoshop and extracted a portion of it.


John Lewis was also a major feature of our day out and these amazing larger than life fabric insects can be found in the Curtain Department.  I believe they are made from several of the many fabrics they have for sale. They were located on the wall above some enormous fungi which were also made from the wide range of furnishing fabrics they stock.

 

Hanging from the ceiling above the rolls of curtain fabrics there is a long drift of flying birds which I had not seen before - and I have been in there three times recently!!


Finally, we popped to the Ikon Gallery to see the latest exhibitions before dashing off to catch our return trains. So a fantastic day out .....

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the day too ! Very impressed with how your pics turned out - I must get a new camera !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do not have this at the branch near us . They looks interesting

    ReplyDelete