Monday 29 February 2016

Weekend Treat

I have just spent a wonderful two days on a printing workshop with Sue Brown in Cheltenham.  Just what was needed to brighten up this time of year!!


We created collagraph plates using mount board and plaster. The bird above was printed simply by inking up and rubbing back the plate.  The one below was similar, but using two colours and adding a piece of tissue paper as chine collee.


We also learned all about viscosity printing and below are prints from a plate which I decided I did not like so I cut it into two pieces and used them together and then separately.



The third plate I made looked rather like a landscape and after the first print I decided to experiment with colour only partially rollered over the plate which left the blue sky area.

What a lovely way to spend the weekend.  I cannot wait until May when I have booked to take part in a "Monoprinting and Viscosity Printing" 2 day workshop.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous way to spend a weekend!I've never heard of viscosity
    printing but really like the results. The 'bumbarrel' is lovely too !

    ReplyDelete