Thursday 1 December 2011

Bookbinding with Fabric

I really surprised myself with the book covered in orange fabric above.  This was a scrappy piece of fabric I had used a wax resist on and then coloured with Koh-i-Noor dye.  A few rows of stitching brightened it up before applying it to the book I had made.  It turned out much better than I expected and for once I managed not to get any PVA soaking through onto the end papers.
I am now preparing to cover my final book this term and am using a piece of silk paper which was a trial sample I created for some of my 4th year City & Guilds embroidery.  The inside of the book has been created from Lokta paper which has caused some problems when trying to round the spine.  This time I will be using grey board for the covers and I hope to add some beaded ties to the edgeto fasten the book with.

No comments:

Post a Comment