Tuesday 13 December 2011

Christmas Card

Anyone who knows me well will know that I hate making greetings cards of any description.  They are just not my thing.  Postcards are a different matter and I will happily produce those for my friends when the fancy takes me.

This fairy on the left was the little workshop we were given to do on our table at the December meeting of the Worcester branch of the EG.  We have an article by Linda Westerman which appeared in STITCH several years ago to thank for this design!

She has got a tassel body and then french knots and bullion knots stitched onto her head for hair.  The head is a circular piece of felt which has been gathered and stuffed.  I bet the other people have made a much better job of theirs than me.
I was going to make a nice Christmas card this year and have it printed to send to all my friends but somehow I never got round to it.

Today I fished out a piece of paper I had printed some time ago and chopped it up.  I have pasted it to a nice piece of handmade paper and I am going to machine stitch on it.  It looks more like a house than a Christmas tree at the moment - let's hope it improves with the addition of stitch.

I can always save it for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment