Thursday 29 December 2011

Celtic Inspiration

I have been messing about again ....

I got some plastic moulds from Art Van Go when I was at Knit & Stitch Harrogate and have been meaning to play with them ever since.  I planned to make some paper casts from them, but ended up doing a rubbing on typing paper with an oil pastel which I then washed with Koh-i-Noor dyes.

I was quite pleased with the result once I worked out which way up the moulds went.  Might wax it next with a church candle and my flat bottomed iron.

Another bit of messing around ....  I made a stencil of a celtic pattern.

I printed the design onto a piece of typing paper and then pasted it onto some stencil card using remountable spray.  I carefully cut out the design with a scalpel and hopefully it will now last for a while.

I used two shades of Markal Oil Sticks applied with an old toothbrush.  I left it to cure for 24 hours and then gave it a wash of Koh-i-Noor dye.  The blotchy background is just an old teabag - from the pile I am saving to make another teabag book with roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment