Friday 23 December 2011

Lynda Monk Samples

This is a piece of pelmet vilene.  bondaweb was added and then pieces of scrumpled tissue paper were ironed on using baking parchment to protect the surfaces of the ironing board and iron base.

It was then painted with Lumiere 'Super Copper'.  Once this dried I rubbed the surface with Renaissance Treasure Gold.

Next step was to get a cotton wool ball (I had no cotton wool pads) soaked in White Spirit and lightly wet the surface and move the wax around.  Whilst this was still damp I sprayed it with a Cosmic Shimmer Mica Shimmer Mist - colour was 'Ocean Sunlight' and left it to dry.

I am now going to give it another coat of spray.




The sample on the right was Lumiere Metallic Gold and then everything else was the same as the sample above.

On my next sample I want to try using a dark blue Treasure Gold I have instead of the gold one, but at the moment I cannot find it.  Not surprising if you saw the amount of packing boxes that are still lying around the house!

I have also done a purple sample but it went really blobby and has not dried yet so I cannot scan it.

No comments:

Post a Comment