Thursday 2 February 2012

Chilled

The last two or three days have been rather cool to say the least but the weather has brought lots of birds into the garden - more than usual.  There were at least five Redwings on the back lawn this morning eating the fallen apples and we have got a flock of around 30 finches coming to the front to eat the bits that fall from the bird feeders.  I got out the binoculars as some of them seemed to be much smaller than the others and I think that they might be Redpolls.  Never seen them before so a new bird for my list.  We regularly have goldfinches, greenfinches and chaffinchs.

I have spent the last two days out in the Dell as we had an Ash tree taken down on Tuesday.  I spent all of Wednesday chopping up the debris and burning it on a bonfire.  It took me the full day and I smelled delightful afterwards.  Managed to singe my hair in the process.  Good job I have got a hair cut today.

Also been playing with the white and black Fuse Fx that I got in Harrogate.  Very mixed results to date so shall have to find some more time to play.  The sample on the left was black velvet with white Fuse Fx onto which was applied a bronze foil.

The right hand sample was blue velvet onto which was applied white Fuse Fx which had been painted with metallic acrylic.  A few gilding flakes were added to the surface.

The final sample at the bottom was a piece of pink synthetic sheer fabric which had some of the painted Fuse Fx ironed onto it.  A few snippets of other coloured sheer fabric were scattered on top before ironing.  They do not seem to want to stay stuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment