Thursday 9 February 2012

In Hot Water


What a week.  Apart from it being my 60th birthday .... groan ... the plasterers have been here, plus we have had the gas meter moved and changed to a semi concealed box.  On top of all that we have now got a blocked drain so awaiting the arrival of the flushing man.

In my infinite wisdom, whilst the plumber was here removing a radiator for the plasterers I decided it might be a good idea to take the bath out so that I can start to get the tiles off the wall (this will be the room which will become the en suite bathroom).  The bath is large and cast iron and it took 3 of them to get it down the stairs and really, if we are being realistic, I think there should have been 4 of them.  It is now residing in the back garden near the garage.  (It was suggested the squirrels might find it an interesting element)  One of its redeeming features is a lovely industrial-size Art Deco handle.  Think I shall have to see if I can get it off without damaging it.  Not that I know what I am going to do with it?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for nice sharing. You can also find best Iron and steel material at Laxmi Iron & Steel Industry. The main object of LAXMI IRON & STEEL INDUSTRIES is to provide best quality and cost effective Cast Iron & Steel. For more information Visit…cast iron pig mould

    ReplyDelete