Sunday 12 May 2013

Secret Folded Star

It is a good job you cannot see the real colours on this book as it is a mess.  I think I am going to repaint the pockets under the top stars as I do not like them.  I wanted it to look faded and feel the stars are actually flowers.  They remind me of those old fashioned primulas 'Gold Lace'.  The book still needs a cover so that is a job for this next week if I get time.

Not happy ....  I had another go at this technique using Lokta paper and coloured it with watercolour pencils which I then wetted.  I think the real answer is to colour your paper on both sides first.


Had a day at Malvern Spring Flower Show on Saturday - dodging the rain showers - so what's new!!  Managed to meet a friend and go to the Living in the Middle exhibition in Ledbury at the Weavers Gallery on Friday.  The supporting sketchbooks were really inspirational and we both enjoyed the exhibition, plus coffee at the french cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment