Wednesday 6 August 2014

There be Dragons ... even in Ripon

Misericord at Ripon Catherdral
I have just returned from a few days up in The North.  Although I was meant to be looking after a friend's dog whilst they were away, I actually managed to fit in quite a few textile things too.  The embroidery exhibition at Ripon Cathedral was one of them, which also gave me an opportunity to have yet another look around the cathedral itself.

I have always loved the Gosney statues and the wonderful textures and holes in the metalwork ...


A visit to Barnyarns was fitted in of course.  Also met up with one of my chums and bumped into another one so we all had lunch together at Chimes Cafe in Kirkgate.

This unfortunate little chap is one of the connections with Lewis Carroll and Alice in Wonderland.  Another rabbit can be seen to the right as he disappears down the rabbit hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment