Thursday 4 December 2014

Another Book

This little creation is called a Pocket Flag Book.  I made some pelmet vilene figures to go in the pockets, however, there are additional pockets between the top of the folds too.  Most of the class made credit card shaped books, but I decided to be a bit different and made mine tall and slim.
The picture below shows the concertina folds which hold the whole thing together.  I used up some bits of contrasting paper I had created at some time in the past and then painted the inside hinge with some bronze metallic paint to bring it all together.

At long last I have done a bit more on the cover of my Whippet's Brook themed book which is to be covered in leather.  Additional pieces of board have been added and pared down ready for the leather to be attached.  It should give it a more dimensional finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment