Tuesday 22 December 2015

Almost finished ...


This is a tiny piece of Sue Hawkin's canvaswork I have been doing.  It will eventually be a scissor poke.  I have really struggled stitching it and have pulled it out umpteen times.  Not a good idea when you are stitching with rayon and silk threads.  The colour here does not really show it off to its best and I am sure there will be a few errors in it here and there.  I have enjoyed doing it and the variegated thread is a delight with the randomness throwing up all manner of colourways you would never put together yourself.


I have decided to give away my little vintage caravan hanging and was surprised to find bits of the stitching which were really pleasing. I am sure I have blogged it before, but here are parts of it again.


1 comment:

  1. The canvas work looks hard but the colours are a delight but I am very taken with the vintage van. Hope the recipient appreciates it !

    ReplyDelete