Wednesday 9 December 2015

Mystic Circles

For some time I have been fascinated by the rock carvings called 'Cup and Ring' so it si no surprise that I have done some embroidered work based on them.  The piece below is something I made for a travelling journal, which has recently been resurrected by the Running Stitchers group ....


The page on the left is my 'artwork' and includes a couple of Gelli Plate prints which I made using a block made from funky foam printed onto Deli Paper using Golden acrylics.

The page on the right is my resolved work using a piece of fabric which had been pre-dyed with potassium permanganate. A flour paste resist was added.  Marks were made into it with a wooden skewer  and circular bits and pieces prior to cracking the surface.  DIY store finds (rubber grommits) were used to stitch over and form circles and some gold thread couched here and there to add a bit of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment