The background is artist's canvas, white gesso was applied and left to dry before adding acrylic paint. The camel is one of my homemade stamps from a previous project.
I have had the cutting for ages and after trying unsuccessfully to transfer an image of the cutting using an enlarged and reversed photocopy and transfer paints I gave up and stuck the actual cutting to the canvas using Modge Podge.
I am not sure what I am going to do with this piece of work, but I really like the colours. It is a piece of Evolon which has had transfer dye applied. The colour arose from reusing a piece of typing paper which had previously been painted with transfer dye. I had obviously used a different colour the first time round and some residue of it must have remained. I think it was purple first and then blue the second time.
Since then I have added a circle of bondaweb and foiled it with gold. I am planning to add stitch next.