Wednesday 9 January 2013

Update on Dyeing etc


Plastered and painted with Koh-i-Noor Ink


Managed to get my two samples

(a) painted with Koh-i-Noor dye based inks, and

(b) space dyed.

Not very happy with the colours, but as samples they will serve my purpose.

It is interesting to see the difference between the reproduction of the colours through using a camera and a scanner.


Space Dyed with Procion dyes
Plaster laid over dyed piece





I was disappointed with the result of the dye on the various threads I used.  I thought they would take the dye in different ways producing several shades of the same colour.  I suppose I could try overdyeing the piece again?
Dyed piece over plain calico

2 comments:

  1. I am full of admiration for your energy ! Are the samples for a project or just a play ? I like the koh-i-noor one best though that could just be the repro x

    ReplyDelete