Wednesday 17 July 2013

More Bees

It has been a funny old day today. On the upside DH woke to find green woodpeckers on our lawn at the back. Think it was the parents and one juvenile, anyway they were very large and very entertaining.  On the downside he forgot his wallet (yet again) and I almost had to drive to Leominster.  He had run out of diesel and had no means to pay for it with.  Luckily his sister came to the rescue and saved me a long journey.

Sick of looking at the piles of builders rubbish in the front garden so have made 4 visits to the local tip today. On the return from my third trip I was greeted by millions of buzzing bees.  The second hive had swarmed so I had to go and drag Mr C out from next door to see what could be done about them.  They were very high up in one of our overgrown and leggy Hazelnut trees in the front garden.

He is never deterred and after much balancing on an upturned pallet - that something had been delivered on - he managed to lop some of the branches off and got the queen bee into his cardboard box.  All the bees are now happily crowded in their waiting to be rehomed.  I may be going to help later on (in a bee suit) to put them into a spare hive that Mr C has constructed this afternoon.

I have done a bit of arty stuff this week. This is a section of the A3-sized piece of work I have been trying to complete which I started with Stephanie Redfearn some weeks ago.  It is based on allotments.  I keep looking at the work and the allotment photographs I have taken over the years but am finding it very difficult to get to grips with it.  I even have a rough layout sketch that I did, but I think I actually need to get myself sat in front of the sewing machine and it will probably just come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment