On Sunday I spent the day at one of the Malvern College Summer School classes and produced a Split Thong Leather Binding. Think my brain was in overload as I could not get the leather to do what it should and ended up in a blind panic.
The central red piece of leather has been embossed with a 2p coin.
I managed to finish off constructing the book at home by glueing the red circle in place, adding the endpapers and plaiting the leather thongs.
This was a very nice method of constructing a book and I will probably attempt a version more related to embroidery and textiles at some time in the future. Certainly not at the moment as I need to get my next Travelling Journal finished for Worcester EG 'Running Stitchers'.