Monday 12 August 2013

NEC 2013

One of the highlights of the show was the work of Hilary Beattie and the demonstrations she was doing on her stand.  I hope she does not mind my posting a photograph of this quilt which was 'Highly Commended'. She appears to be a woman after my own heart ... just play, enjoy and see what happens.
The Apple Tree Man and The Orchard Scrumpers
This was the other item I really enjoyed.  It reminded me of some little books I had seen at the Textile Bazaar at Hellens Manor, Much Marcle earlier in the year.  It was a delight and had lots of hidden surprises throughout its pages.  These included a game, recipes and the names of apple varieties.

The Bookwrap Gems Tombola organised to raise money for The Quilt Museum was also a huge success with lots of happy quilters going home with a bookwrap or two or even three.  Well done

No comments:

Post a Comment