I do not seem to have done much today but have got round to sorting out some jobs that have been on my 'Mental List' for ages. I have dyed some fabric with Potassium Permanganate ...
Next, I actually got round to putting fabric and natural dye (Rhubarb Root) plus mordant (Oak Gall Extract) into a large kilner jar that I got at 'Wonderwool' over a year ago from Helen Melvin. Not too sure what I am doing but I think I must periodically add the other two dyes so that I get a layered effect. I have trapped the tops of the bits of fabric in the lid of the jar. I put in a mixture of cotton, scrim, silk velvet, calico and dupion silk so shall see what happens over the summer months. Just got to remember to add the other dyes at intervals.
I also popped down to the college to take my page for the 'Book of Ours' that Anna, our tutor, is putting together and, although I was dubious about my effort, it looked okay when placed with the others from the class.
Lastly, I have added a layer of white acrylic through a stencil to my Yorkshire Travelling Journal bag which I stamped with letters some weeks ago. When the acrylic drys I am then going to pull some dye plus thickner over it.