Last Friday we spent the afternoon learning about Tacket Binding. The one above is Covert Tacket binding and I made this one at home. I am afraid my cardboard inserts are a bit wobbly and feature an extra set of notchs to what should be there. I fully intended to paint the cardboard inserts gold but, as yet, have not got round to it.
The second book was made in the class and is traditional tacket binding. The two leather strips glued to the front and back covers make it nice and strong.
The cover papers were handmade. The first one used stencils rollered with various colours of acrylic paint and then an inktense block wash over them. The bottom one is Watercolour paper which has been wetted. Acrylic ink was then dropped onto it.