Tuesday 2 August 2016

Beyond the Edge

Drawn to the Edge
Just returned from a lovely week away in Yorkshire.  It was the second time I have attended the Textile Study Group Summer School. This year it was at James College on the York University Campus. Last year we were at Farncombe Estate which was not too far from home for me.

There was water and birds everywhere, the weather was lovely and the tutors and fellow students fantastic.
This was the scene outside our studio.  Needless to say I think we had the best tutor in Shelia Mortlock and also the best classroom, but it is only a matter of opinion.  There were two further options - Bobby Britnell and Alison King - and I had a friend in each room so was able to see what they were doing too.

This little pile of nonsense was my attempt at making edges based on Prairie Points, which were then stacked on top of each other to create a further edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment