Tuesday, 12 March 2013


Apart from the excitement of a leaking pipe overnight, and a plumber having to come and fix it, I have been builder-free today for varying reasons so I made the most of it and started to prepare some backgrounds for two small pieces I need for my Travelling Journals.

The one above is a piece of space dyed silk to which pieces of sheer fabric and bits of silk carrier rod have been applied using white FuseFX.  I also found some bits of white Angelina and added them in.  Although it does not show up too well I have added some silver foil to represent snow.  The whole thing then had a piece of blue sheer fabric placed over the top.  It is actually not as brightly coloured as it looks in the photo. I now need to get stitching.

This second piece was a scrap of calico with painted Bondaweb added to the surface and a few left over scraps of sheer fabric.  There are also small wisps of silk fibres laid on it to represent snow.  The plan is that tomorrow I will get some stitches on both pieces - sod the ever increasing pile of ironing that awaits.

1 comment:

  1. Really like these backgrounds - I have got out of the habit of layering and fusing to create an original fabric. You have inspired me !
    ps I'm with you on the ironing !