Saturday 2 March 2013

Nature in Art Exhibition

Had a visit to Nature in Art near Twigworth today to see a textile exhibition by Gordano Textile Artists.  It finishes on 10 March so thought I had better make the most of DH's need to visit the office which is only a few miles away.

The exhibition was very good and we were blessed with a sunny day.  The metal sculpture in the garden was 'interesting' to say the least and there was also a mosaic artist demonstrating in the studio.

On arrival we had a wonderful surprise as a large tree near the entrance gate was full of Waxwings eating the mistletoe berries.  I think it is only the second time I have actually seen these wonderful birds.

I have also been trying to work on my next piece for the Travelling Journals, but making slow progress.  The builders are back on Monday so I shall not get a lot done for a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment