Monday 11 March 2013

Mud .... wonderful mud

Today the drive got levelled out and some hardcore put on it.  The edge to the top left of the picture got a concrete base ready for a small retaining wall.  Hopefully the nasty corner on the edge of the block paved area has been given a smooth curve and I won't catch my car wheels on it any more.  The planks leading to the front door are still in position to keep our feet clean.

Had a problem with the fence near the road as it started to sway in the gale force icy wind and I thought it was going to end up in the road so one of the kind builders has tied it up for me until we get round to replacing the posts.

Inside some more work has taken place.  The Utility Room has got another coat of plaster on one of its walls, however, I have got no gas supply to my hob in the kitchen at the moment until the pipes can be put back on the wall and reconnected.  I completely forgot when I was making my porridge for breakfast this morning and had to hastily empty the contents of the pan into a basin and put it in the microwave.

The downstairs cloakroom is taking shape and has been plasterboarded, soundproofed and plastered.  I spent all weekend stripping doors again as we need to recycle one of them for the cloakroom.  DH and I also had to move two piles of rescued bricks from the front garden to the back so that they were out of the way.

We have had quite a few snow flurries today but nothing has laid, it is just bitterly cold.  Still managed to get to my C&G Alumini class though which was a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment